The most important Luther-related sites in Erfurt are brought together in this guided city walk - Luthermeile Erfurt (German only)
Distance 4.8 km
Together, Protestants and Catholics present communal sites along a route that divines the future message of the Christian faith and tries to encourage loving actions carried out for others in the name of God and with love for oneself. With exhibitions, tours and individual walks, the Luther Mile vibrantly demonstrates city history, church history and faith. The Luther Mile is part of the Luther Trail that leads through Erfurt.
Every summer, open air plays are put on in the Barfüßer Church as part of the 'Neues Schauspiel Erfurt' festival.
Update: February 04, 2021
Getting thereCome from the ring road (Staufenbergallee) onto the inner ring road (Juri-Gagarin-Ring) then go down Boyneburgufer into 'Am Hügel'. Turn left at the end.
ParkingPlease use the park and ride system within the city of Erfurt. Additional parking spaces are available on Juri-Gagarin-Ring (not free).
32U 642477 5649707
Basic Equipment for City Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Cash and cards
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view